- Valid picture ID is required.
- All applicants 18 and over must complete an application.
- Application must be completely filled out and signed. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Each person 18 years and older must pay an application fee prior to processing the rental application. Checks should be made payable to Chris Warren Realty. We also take credit cards for application fees and security deposit. Click here to pay over internet or call our office at 512-257-9836, and we can process over phone.
- Property will remain on the market during the approval process. MLS status is not changed to pending until our office receives a security deposit and signed lease.
- Applicant acknowledges and accepts that Chris Warren Realty represents the owner of the property for which applicant is applying.
- Two years of verifiable, favorable residence history from a third-party landlord is required.
- Rental history demonstrating residency, but not by a third party, may require an additional security deposit.
- A criminal background check will be performed.
- Home ownership will be verified through tax assessor’s office or credit report.
- The following factors will be considered in denying an application or changing the offering terms:
- Having been sent a 3 day notice to vacate
- Giving insufficient funds check(s)
- Previous eviction
- Previous past due rent or other charges outstanding to a landlord
- Previous property damage
- Failure to have given a proper 30 day notice/Breach of lease
- Previous or present rude and disruptive behavior
- Making false statements on the application
- Verifiable employment and/or other income are required.
- Applicant will be denied if we are unable to verify income or employment status.
- Self-employed applicants must produce written verification of work history through tax returns or bank statements.
- If applicant does not meet the stated employment criteria but otherwise qualifies, an additional deposit may be required.
- Monthly income must equal approximately three (3) times the monthly rent.
- Monthly rent and monthly debt payments on credit report (total debt ratios) should not exceed 50% of gross monthly income.
- If monthly income does not equal at least three (3) times monthly rent, monthly rent and debt payments exceed 50% of applicant’s monthly income, an additional deposit may be requested to be paid in advance.
- If an employee, please provide a recent paycheck stub for income verification.
- If applicant is unemployed, the application will be denied unless acceptable proof of income from other sources is provided or applicant has significant savings or asset statement.
- Self-employed applicants must provide sufficient documentation to verify income. Several months of bank statements, a recent P&L statement, or recent tax return are acceptable.
- Good credit is required.
- Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report may result in denial or require an additional deposit, additional rent paid in advance and/or a qualifying guarantor.
- Excessive recent collections may result in denial.
- Outstanding rents or balances to property management companies or landlords may result in denial.
- Non-discharged bankruptcy will result in denial.
- After discharged bankruptcy, applicant must show six (6) months of positive established credit.
- A credit score of 600 or above is required.
Automatic Denials (Criminal Background)
Application will be denied if applicant:
- Has a felony offense within the last 7 years.
- Has a criminal conviction and been out of jail/prison less than five (5) years.
- Was convicted of a criminal offense that was of a physical or violent nature against a person or property.
- Is a multiple offender.
- Is a sex offender.